Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer of Weddings

This summer has been jam packed with weddings!  I happen to love weddings so it has been pretty wonderful.  What's not to love?  You get to get dressed up, see friends (some of which you have not seen in a long time), remember those special wedding vows, cry a little, eat yummy food, drink yummy drinks, eat wedding cake (very yummy), and dance the night away!  I love how every wedding is different and each couple reflects their relationship through the details.  It's funny how you start seeing trends and one thing that people liked from one wedding and then used at their own.  Our wedding had little things that I loved from my friend's weddings, especially Grace Davis' and Sally Mitzner's.  Here is a rundown of our summer of weddings with my favorite parts of each. (I know I only have like 10 followers, but if you were at one of these wedding please comment on your favorite part!)

May 1, 2010 - Kendall Beller and Blake Porter

Get ready to see a lot of these : )



Kendall and Blake's wedding was fantastic.  I knew I would love it for several reasons: 1. Kendall loves Style Me Pretty (best wedding blog ever) 2. Rick Hall officiated the ceremony (He did our wedding as well and it was my favorite part of our whole wedding) 3. Kendall and Blake are madly in love!  And it lived up to all my expectations and more!  Kendall looked gorgeous and everything from the food, to the cake, to the band was wonderful. Thank you Kendall and Blake for inviting us to share this special day with you.
My favorite part: the cups personalized cups that turned pink with your cold beer. So fun and original!


June 5, 2010  Kendall Cunningham and Blair Speer



Kendall and Blair's wedding was a lot of fun because it was a great chance to reunite with highschool friends that I had not seen in a long time.  I had a great time catching up with everyone! Thanks Kendall and Blair!
My favorite part: The Mystery Dates. One of my high school history teachers and his wife are a part of this band and they are awesome! They do such a great job getting people on the dance floor and keep the party going all night.


June 11, 2010 - Danae VanSickle and Evan Grace



Bryan surprised me and came home for the weekend!

Bryan and Evan love one another. So cute.
Evan and Danae had their ceremony and reception at the Farmer's Market in OKC.  It is such a cool space and was really fun to not  have to drive from the church to a reception. You just picked up your chair and moved to a table. So great! The ceremony was very intimate with candles everywhere and beautful lights hanging from the ceiling.  And once the ceremony was over it quickly switched to a party! We had such a great time dancing with everyone.  Thank you, Ev and Danae, for letting us share this day with you.
My favorite part: the ceremony music.  I can't for the life of me remember what songs were playing, but I remember they gave me chills and I felt like I was in a movie. Music has such a huge role in setting the tone and I think they did an awesome job choosing their ceremony music.
While stalking I found this and melted: http://www.industry405.com/2010/danaeevan-wedding-trailer


June 26, 2010 - Lane Pilkington and Mike Tinsley


Lane and Mike's wedding was awesome! They had their reception at Old Town Plaza and had most of Norman in attendance. It was a blast! Great band and tons of fun people.  Thanks Lane and Mike for inviting us to party with you.
My favorite part: Dave Swafford, Frank Eskridge, Bill Coleman, and Loyd Tinsely performed a little number for Mooney and Mike as they danced the mother/son dance. They sang "In My Life" by the Beatles and had everyone rolling in laughter. See picture above.

July 10, 2010 - Keeton Hughes and Tyler Monahan


Keeton and Tyler's wedding was truly dreamy.  They had their wedding on Captiva Island, Florida.  Keeton was glowing all weekend and Tyler looked so handsome.  You could feel God's hand in the whole weekend, especially at the ceremony. It had been REALLY hot all day and we were all picturing Tyler dripping in sweat during the ceremony.  But just before Keeton walked down the aisle a cool  and refreshing breeze came through. It was really amazing how it went from "hotter than hell" to the perfect temperature in a matter of seconds.  The ceremony was followed by a gorgeous sunset and great reception. We had so much fun dancing the night away!
My favorite part: the band and dancing with the whole group. Because it was a destination wedding all of the wedding guests had the opportunity to spend time together all weekend. This made the dancing at the reception that much more fun because everyone was comfortable with one another. The band was supposed to quit at 12, but we were all having so much fun they agreed to play for another hour!


My favorite part of Bryan and I's wedding that I also heard in the Beller-Porter, VanSickle-Grace, and Hughes-Monahan weddings were the words from the book of Ruth.  Rick Hall so beautifully describes the friendship between Naomi and Ruth as a determined devotion:

"Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God." Ruth 1:16

5 comments:

  1. I'll comment on each one of these if I may. First, the pink beer cups were a cool treat at the Beller-Porter wedding. What an awesome pair God made with those two! I missed Blair and Kendall's wedding, but I can only imagine how fun it must have been - Blair and Kendall have incredible spirits and I don't doubt that was evident on their day. The best part about Evan and Danae's wedding...Uncle Bill breakin' it down on the dance floor. Imagine Clint Eastwood doing the Cupid Shuffle and you'll have an idea! I was so disappointed to miss Land and Mike's day, but it sounds like there were plenty of Normanites to fill in for me. The best part about that wedding - the memory of Mike and I in our shiny Gadzooks shirts and Jnco jeans walking to CiCi's pizza in the summer of 1996. Classic. I can't say enough about Keeton and Tyler's wedding. Honestly, my favorite part about the weekend was Keeton. She was the smiliest bride I've ever seen! That's Keeton, of course, but to be able to juggle a weekend like that with such pure joy is admirable to say the least! Way to go Keeton! My favorite part of attending a wedding is flashing back to the memory of the day I married my best friend. She is the most beautiful woman I've ever known, and on that day she one-upped herself - man she is incredible. Weddings also remind me of how unbelievably blessed my life is. I get to share these days with my friends, just as they shared in ours!

    bv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendall and Blake: I loved the atmosophere. It was pure bliss! You can really tell that the Porters and that the Beller's (and beyond) were just SO incredibly happy to start the new chapter. It really was a true celebration of their love. And we've all been waiting for it for a while now!

    Kendall and Blair: SO MUCH FUN! These people know how to break it down! To reiterate Bryan, they are such good people so it's easy to let loose and enjoy celebrating them. It was so fun to see such a great (truly a great great man) friend marry a great girl from Norman. The ceremony and reception were equally beautiful.

    Lane and Mike: I knew I had to rest up before this one. It certainly lived up to its expectations! It was by far one of the most fun receptions I've ever attended. It's LEGEN-wait for it-DARY!

    Thanks for the recap Kate! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the weddings {I'm sure the Porter's and Monahan's were too, even though I don't know them} were such a true representation of each couple!
    BLAIR & KENDALL'S was calm and fun.
    EVAN & DANAE'S was romantic and a party.
    LANE & MIKE'S was sweet and oh so fun.
    These weddings were SO much fun and I loved getting to see everyone so often! It's sad that they are all over with.....we need someone to get married next summer now!
    Great recap!
    btw HI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so sweet!! thank you so much for joining in our wedding & all of the ridiculous amount of help you were with my questions & for the super sweet words. you are an absolutely wonderful person, dear kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love summer celebration near sea. Sunny weddings and graceful location of my neighbor's wedding at Seattle Wedding venues was amazingly outstanding. Dresses were easy to choose due to my boutique. Helped them a lot in accessory selection. Best thing about the day was three tier flower cake design.

    ReplyDelete