Saturday, September 17, 2011

Playing House

When we bought our home in May we had a list of things we were going to do "immediately" to fix up the house.  After we started looking at the cost involved in making all of these changes the list moved to more of a "once we can afford it" list.  We have also found that we can do a lot of these things on our own.  We painted our master bathroom last weekend and it feels like a new room! 

Before:


After: 


Yesterday felt like fall in Tulsa.  It was cold and rainy all day.  I decided it was time to take down the seashells and decorate for fall.  So I made a trip to Hobby Lobby.  It was so nice to spend as much time as I wanted wandering the aisles.  The best part: everything I bought was 50% off.  After Hobby Lobby I picked up a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks and spent the rainy afternoon playing house.

Here are the summer decorations I put away- sea grass, sand, and shells.

New fall decorations- wheat, apples, pears, mercury glass, and pumpkin.

While I was decorating the UPS man dropped off these gorgeous mercury glass gourds my sweet mom sent me. PERFECT timing! Thank you momma.

1 comment:

  1. Your place looks amazing Kate! I LOVE what you did with the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete