Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our Little Garden

We have been blessed with grandparents that all have green thumbs. My Poppy Gene had an incredible garden in his backyard. I have such fond memories growing up helping him pick the strawberries and tomatoes from his garden.  He used to bless his neighbors, church members and family members with many fresh and delicious vegetables. Bryan's Ganny and Pop have a wonderful garden in their backyard. They work together in their garden and Ganny has even been mowing the lawn for exercise! My Poppy Frank also has a green thumb and his specialty is the rose.  He has the most beautiful rose bushes! He also tends to the rose bushes of all the women in his neighborhood as well as my mother's and now mine.  So when I told him I wanted to start a little garden he went to work! He created a wonderful potted garden for me.  I now have tomatoes, jalapenos, mint, basil, cilantro, dill and parsley growing on our back patio. Bryan and I have enjoyed the herbs on pizza, tacos, salad and looking forward to the jalapenos and tomatoes. I love tending to these plants! There is something about watching these little plants grow that makes me smile. We are so thankful so for such amazing grandparents!

2 comments:

  1. YES! Another blog post! I love 'em!

    I do have a request though. I do not have a green thumb. In fact, it may be a bit brown.

    Everything seems to go dyin' on me. Maybe it's the South Texas heat, but they may last a few weeks and then shrivel.

    Can you give me some tips on how often to water, and how much sun plants are supposed to get? I know it may differ with the plant, but how do I know?

    Don't worry about rushing on the response if you're busy!

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green thumbs must run in your family! Looks like you have one as well!

    ReplyDelete