Friday, January 29, 2010

Oreo and Nutter Butter Truffles

Bryan is president of the GBA (Graduate Business Association) and I promised to make a treat for every meeting to help encourage attendance. I cannot resist homemade treats and hope this can be my little way to support the GBA. The trick is that I have to make enough for 60 people and Bryan has to be able to carry them to class along with everything else. Last week I made Oreo and Nutter Butter Truffles (I think "truffles" sound fancier than "balls"). I have had these multiple times at different events, but never actually made them myself. Turns out they are super easy! Here is the recipe that I stole from one of my favorite baking blogs: Bakerella http://www.bakerella.com/grocery-item-goes-gourmet-part-2/


Nutter Butter Balls

1 pkg. Nutter Butter cookies (broken… use cookie with the cream center)

1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)

chocolate bark

1. Finely crush all but 5 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency.

2. Combine with cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.

3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.

4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.

5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!

Makes about 30 balls.

(You do the same thing with the Oreo, but I used white chocolate bark.)

These were easy to make, easy to transport, and very yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm I must try this! I love making yummy treats when the weather is all cold like it is now.. Problem is, I usually eat them ALL!

    ReplyDelete