Monday, November 30, 2009

Our Peace Tree

   The Friday after Thanksgiving we put up our first Christmas tree together.  After seeing the peace ornaments at Pottery Barn I decided "peace" would be our theme for this Christmas.  Last Christmas "love" was my theme, and I found it helped me to focus on the real meaning of Christmas and Christ: unconditional love.  So this year I am focusing on "peace."  Jesus taught us to love one another and if we are all really doing this we can live in a world of peace.  We can also find a place of peace within by looking inward and focusing on the "goodness" that is in each of of because we are all children of God. So, peace it is!
  We have A LOT of cardboard boxes in our basement from moving and wedding gifts. I decided to put some of it to good use and made peace sign ornaments from the carboard. Bryan helped me glitter the ornaments and hang them on our tree. We LOVE our PEACE tree!



1 comment: